Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Watercolors Show, February 2014

Rocks & Claw

My first solo show is hanging at Beanetics in Annandale, Va. I'm very excited about this opportunity and hope you'll drop in if you have a chance. The show is only my watercolors. It's been challenging to prepare the show in a single medium, challenging, enjoyable and educational.

I've learned quite a  bit more about watercolor. Putting a cohesive show together started with making choices of what to paint, so I decided to look at all the photos I'd taken while travelling with my family. I take pictures of things that fascinate me, kind of like a photo journal. Looking back at them I noticed some themes, mainly texture, shape and lighting. While painting these scenes I was able to study more closely all of these things and remember the reasons why that shot captured my attention. The world is a beautiful place and I'm so grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment